Monday, August 19, 2013

Where to start

Outlines, character development, plot twists... It can all be a bit overwhelming.  I write without formula.  With today's technology, it is easy to go back into your work and make changes.  Let the ideas, the words, simply flow from your brain to your fingertips.
Writing is an art and there is no right or wrong way to do it.  Only YOU can decide what you want to say and how you want to say it.  You will never write something that pleases everyone.  The only one that has to be happy with your work is YOU!
Step away from your work when it is feeling forced.  Take a walk, read a book, get some exercise or just breathe.  The words will come to you when you allow your mind to clear itself... I promise. ;)
Well, it is time for me to take a bit of my own advice.  I'll catch up with you later! <3
~Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment